Sunday 4 March 2012

Its quiet...too quiet!




Wow! Has it been that long since I last posted on this blog??

Well a lot has happened since then I guess. for those of you that don't read my Musketeer Miniatures blog, I moved to the USA last year so wargaming as a hobby has been on a back burner to say the least. I've been here since Sept now and have finally managed to organise myself enough to pick up a paint brush once more. And I've enjoyed it :-)

First up has been Hordes. This seems to be quite popular over here and I have found a local store that hosts games. I say local, its an hours drive away, but that counts as local in mid Ohio! I've started a small Circle force to begin with, mainly because I love the figures.



Kaya



Gorax (I love this figure)

My good friend Rob Jones has painted a Legion force for me which I'll show at some point soon.

Next up is some figures that I have had sat in a box for ages. I have always been a fan of Mark Copplestone's figures, but his Armies of Louis XIV are just lovely. Its a colourful period if somewhat vague in details available. But that also is part of the appeal as you kind of don't have to worry about it too much. I plan to do French and Dutch armies for this. :-)


5 comments:

  1. Wow. Great work Bill. Especially those GoS figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back in the land of painting toy soldiers Bill :O)

    Especially looking mforward to seeing what you do with the Dutch.

    What rules are you going for?

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chaps. Initially for rules Beneath the Lilly Banners for rules, but I'm also a fan of Piquet. It will be interesting to see what Warlord games Pike and Shotte are like though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and those Coppelstones are just brill!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Mr Copplestone has past the range on the NorthStar. Which really doesn't make a difference to buying them. I like both the GoS and the warmahordes. You should check out my mate Victor's blog: http://victorpesch.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete